The American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE
March 23-24, 2011
Poster Content : Posters may contain topics that report undergraduate/graduate research project findings,
senior project results, creative art/science work, or proposed ideas and solutions to sustainable development problems. The poster topics must be related to one or more of the conference themes listed below:
- Environmental Prudence
- Economic Transparency
- Social Justice
- Sustainable Design, Construction and the Built Environment
- Infrastructure Management
- Sustainable Technology
- Culture and Heritage
- Life Cycle Costing
- Urban Communities
- Water Resources and The future of Humanity
- Energy Efficiency
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Sustainable Planning and Multinationals Involvement
- Sustainable Land Development
- Disaster Recovery
- Wildlife Conservation
- Local and Sustainable Food Sources
- Sustainable Supply Chain
- Business Sustainability and CSR
- Sustainable Transportation and Infrastructure solutions.
Your poster is required to fit the specifications outlined below:
- Size: A1 (594 mm x 841 mm - 23.4 in x 33.1 in)
- Poster Materials: the poster can be made from paper or cardboard and best laminated.
- Poster Text: There are no specifications for text/font size. Text should be of sufficient size for easy reading at a distance of 1.5 meters (between 16-20 points).
- Title: Your title sign should be at the top of the poster and it must include the presenter(s) name(s).
- Body of Poster: Use arrows, numbers or letters as required indicating the reading order. Use clear labels for each section of your poster.
- Font: Use lettering that can be read from 1.5 meters away eg. Arial, bold font.
March 1st 2011: Digital copy of the poster is due (to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
March 8th 2011: Poster Printout is due (to be handed in or mailed to: Salwa Mohamed, College of
Engineering, American University of Sharjah, UAE).
First Place Winner: 1000 AED
Second Place Winner: 500 AED
Third Place Winner: 250 AED